Sunday, September 25, 2016

Hero

Finding a cure for cancer is something that is important to me.  I have participated in Relay for Life for years.  Like so many of you cancer has been something someone special to me has battled and thankfully most have survived.  
My cousin was diagnosed with brain cancer at age 2.  She survived her battle and I am so grateful she did.  Because of her battle I started donating to St. Jude after graduating college.  No she was not treated there but they not only treat kids free of charge but do research on treatments and hopefully a cure one day.  
This year after my college roommate's son went into remission I decided to join their fundraising team and participate in one of the races here in Memphis.  No I am not running.  I am going to walk with my roomie and several other people who have small kiddos in the 5K.  Do I see myself ever being one of the runners?  Nope but I feel good about doing something other than writing a check this year.  



Last weekend I got a package from St. Jude.  It amazes me that they call those of us who make a pledge to raise at least $500 for one of the races.  To me the real heroes are the kiddos who are battling for their lives.  


If you want to help me out here is the link to my fundraising page.









No comments :

Post a Comment