Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Skillet Chili Lime Corn Recipe

I was looking for a new side dish to try.  This one popped out at me on Pinterest which linked up Rasamalaysia.  It forced me to pull out  my iron skillet.  I love that my grandmother gave it to me and she couldn't remember if it was hers or her mothers.  But that sucker is so heavy to pull out of the cabinet.  



12 oz. frozen corn
2 tbsp. melted butter
1/2 jalapeño chili, seeded and finely diced
1 1/2 tbsp. honey
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
salt, to taste
1 tbsp. lime juice
1 tbsp. chopped cilantro leaves
3 tbsp. crumbled Mexican queso fesco or queso blanca

Heat ups skillet (cast-iron preferred) on medium heat, add the melted butter and jalepeno.  Add the corn and cook.  Add the honey, cyenne pepper, salt, stir to cook well until the corns are caramelized.  Add the lime juice, stir to mix well.  Top with cilantro, cheese, pinch of cyenne pepper and serve immediately.




The dish turned out great but sadly not a great leftover dish.




No comments :

Post a Comment