Monday, December 21, 2015

Happy Centennial!!!!

I have been a terrible blogger in recent months.  But I can't let 2015 end without writing a post about one of my favorite places on earth, Vaught-Hemmingway Stadium.    It is the home of the Ole Miss Rebels football team and celebrated its centennial this year.



The stadium opened on October 1, 1915 and was named for Judge William Hemmingway who was a professor.  In 1982 Vaught was added to the name to honor long time beloved Coach Johnny Vaught. 


I have had many wonderful times cheering on my Rebels.  I even enjoyed being there during our losses.

2 comments :

  1. True fans don't base their love for their school on wins or losses. Congratulations on a great milestone!

    Leslie Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is interesting - I never knew the backstory behind the stadium.

    ReplyDelete