Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Heirlooms


I have known since I was in high school when Nanny passed away one of the things I would receive would be her mother's china.  Nanny moved into the nursing home a couple months ago and my mother has been working on packing up and splitting out the items per her will for two months.  The parents came for their visit last week and brought me part of mine.  

I have several Rubbermaid containers with the china wrapped nicely in bubble wrap.  Now I need to find a spot to store them.  



This is my great-grandmother's china.  
I have always thought it was pretty and told Nanny one day and the next thing I knew she was saying it was mine.  I didn't know until recently that the pattern is Noritake Celtic.  
Granny and Gramps got married in the summer of 1925.  



And then I got a surprise a couple weeks ago.  Neither my mother or her siblings wanted just 3 pieces of everything in my grandmother's set of china so my mother got it all.  


My mother was already getting another set so she brought Nanny's to me too.  
Nanny has said this wasn't one she really liked but it was the best choice at the shop that sold china in Podunk.  Hers is Haviland Rosalinde.  
Nanny and Pop-Pop would have been married 66 or 67 years in October.


I mentioned to Mrs. P that I didn't know what I was going to do with all of this china and she said that it was time to start having dinner parties.  But first I think I need to find a spot to store it all.  And maybe figure out what all I have of each set.  




1 comment :

  1. Ooh, that is tough. Maybe look on Craigslist for a display cabinet-type piece?

    ReplyDelete