Sunday, May 31, 2015

Watermelon Sherbet

What is a girl to do when she can't eat all of the baby watermelon she bought?  Why she goes looking for a recipe on Pinterest of course.  I decided on the one for watermelon sherbet from Baked by Rachel.  I have been craving watermelon for a week or two but couldn't bring myself to buy a container of the precut at the store so when I saw The Fresh Market had the baby seedless ones on special this week I ran out and got one during lunch.   





2 c. pure watermelon juice, chilled
1 1/2 c. heavy cream
3/4 c. granulated sugar
pinch salt
1/2 c. mini chocolate chips


In a large bowl, combine chilled pure watermelon juice with sugar and salt, stirring to dissolve sugar. Stir in heavy cream.  Churn according to manufacturer's directions.  In the last 10 minutes of churning, slowly add mini chocolate chips.  

Transfer mixture to a freezer save container.  Freeze until solid.   


** Alternatively, blend watermelon chunks until smooth and strain out the solids.





So I learned you could buy watermelon juice.  But I went with the liquefying the chunks and straining.  

No comments :

Post a Comment