Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Creamy Salsa Chicken Tenders

I couldn't decide on a recipe from my cookbooks so I hit up my boards on Pinterest.  I found a chicken recipe that sounded good and lower in calories.  The link led me to the Reluctant Entertainer blog.  



4 tbsp. olive oil
2.5 - 3 pounds chicken tenders
favorite seasoning (I used Tony's)
salt and pepper
2 c. salsa
1/2 c. creme fraiche (or sour cream)
1/2 c. chopped cilantro
lime wedges

In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
Season the chicken.  Cook it on both sides until golden for about 3 minutes; transfer to plate.
Add the salsa to the skillet and cook on medium heat, stirring for 2 minutes.
Turn the heat down to low; stir in creme fraiche.
Return the chicken to pan, cover and simmer over low heat, 4-5 minutes.
Sprinkle with cilantro; serve with chips, rice and lime




I thought I had some rice in the pantry but sadly when I went to fix dinner tonight found out I was wrong so it was just chicken for me tonight.  I used low fat sour cream instead of the creme fraiche.  
This was really yummy and the salsa and sour cream mixture was great with some tortilla chips.


No comments :

Post a Comment