Saturday, March 14, 2015

Spicy Almonds

I have been looking for some new snacks to make for the office.  I know me if I don't find some healthy options to buy or make I will fall back on junk food way to much.  I found this one hanging out in my cookbook.  I have no clue where I got it or how long it has now been there.


Spicy Almonds

1 tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. ground coriander
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 1/2 c. unblanched almonds
1 tbsp. oil


In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.  In a medium bowl, combine almonds and oil.  Sprinkle with spicy mixture; toss to coat.
Place in a foil line 15x10x1 inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.  Bake t 325º for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring twice.  Cool completely.  Store in an airtight container.





These turned out really great.  And I forgot to take a picture.


No comments :

Post a Comment