Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Old Kentucky Bourbon Marinade

I found this recipe in an issue of Southern Living in the last year.  I had been trying to find some reason to use it and found it this week.  Instead of using it as a marinade I added to my crock pot with a pork tenderloin.



Old Kentucky Bourbon Marinade


3/4 c soy sauce
1/2 c. Bourbon
1/3 c. canola or corn oil
1/4 c. Worcestershire sauce
3 tbsp. coarsely ground black pepper
2 tbsp. light brown sugar
1 tbsp. spicy brown mustard
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. orotund white pepper
1/2 tsp. ground ginger


Whisky together all ingredients and 1/3 c. water in a bowl.  

Makes about 2 cups.



I will admit I didn't realize how little bourbon I had in the house and only had half of what the recipe calls for and substituted the remaining with whiskey.  I also didn't realize I didn't have ginger either but it still tasted good.  



No comments :

Post a Comment