Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Coffe Kahlua Ice Cream

I was looking for a new ice cream recipe to try during Memorial Day weekend.  I found one that was coffee and Kahlua that I had cut out from Mississippi magazine and decided that would be perfect.  Sadly I didn't read it all completely because it was for a gallon of ice cream and I couldn't figure out how to take it down to fit into my 1 1/2 quart machine.  So I spent the last week searching for another coffee recipe and found one in of all places the manual for my machine.



Coffee Kahlua Ice Cream


1 c. milk, well chilled
3/4 c. granulated sugar
2-3 tbsp. instant espresso or coffee, to taste
2 c. heavy cream, well chilled
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract

In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer or whisk to combine the milk, granulated sugar, and espresso powder until the sugar and espresso are dissolved, about 1-2 minutes on low speed.  Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla.  Turn on the machine, pour the mixture into freezer bowl and let mix until thickened, about 25-30 minutes.  



I substituted the Kahlua for the vanilla extract.


1 comment :