Monday, February 3, 2014

Chicken and Grits

I was looking for something new to cook for dinner last night.  I couldn't find anything that sounded appealing to me in any of my cookbooks.  A co-worker had started talking about a fish and grits recipe a friend of hers makes and the idea popped into my head.  Last year I finally got to eat at Memphis Street Cafe and had their Blackened Chicken and Grits and that sounded like a wonderful idea.  But when I went to make to get the blackening seasoning from the cabinet  I saw my can of Tony's and that sounded better.  I used the grits recipe from Southern Living that goes with their Grilled Peppers and Sausage with Cheese Grits recipe for the grits.





I toasted a piece of Chipotle Cheddar bread from one of the local bakeries to go along with it.  I didn't use the Parmesan cheese called for from the recipe and instead used the white Velveeta with jalapenos in it.  And for good measure through in some diced jalapeno.

This hit the spot tonight.  And I have enough leftover grits to use towards breakfast for dinner one night this week.  





3 comments :