Sunday, December 22, 2013

Salted Chocolate Covered Caramels

I am a sucker for those pull off recipes and coupons on the grocery store shelves.  I pulled off one from Baker's chocolate with some candy recipes.  My father loves all things caramel so I decided to give one a try and take it with me when I head to their house for Christmas.


Salted Chocolate Covered Caramels


1 package (14 oz) caramels
5 oz Baker's Semi Sweet Chocolate, melted
1 tbsp. sea salt



Insert a toothpick into 1 caramel; dip into chocolate, turning until completely coated.  Shake gently to remove the excess chocolate.  Place on a waxed paper covered baking sheet.  Remove toothpick.  Repeat with remaining caramels.  
Sprinkle with salt.  Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes or until chocolate is firm.






I had about an ounce of chocolate left over after covering the whole bag.  I think with the next batch I will start off with just melting 3 more ounces.  These turned out really yummy.  I hope I can keep my hands off of them long enough for any to make it to Alabama.




2 comments :

  1. These look yummy! Merry Christmas and happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds super easy and good will have to try them

    ReplyDelete