Thursday, September 12, 2013

Bacon Jalapeno Dip

The Food Network magazine pull out came to the rescue for the second dish R & I took down to the Grove last weekend.  I picked out a dip to take too.



Bacon Jalapeno Dip

8 oz cream cheese
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c. sour cream
1/4 c. milk
4 slices chopped cooked bacon
1 tbsp. bacon drippings
1 tsp. white wine vinegar
2 thinly sliced jalapenos
Panko breadcrumbs



Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and then spread in a baking dish; top with buttered breadcrumbs (preferably panko).  Bake at 350º until golden and bubbly, 30 minutes



This turned out amazing.  Though it is better while still warm.  

3 comments :

  1. Oh my, sounds like something that I need to try Ruth. I have already started stocking up on cream cheese for baking and dips for this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I'm going to have to try this. I'm going to a football party this weekend and am going to try this peanut butter dip I found on pinterest so we'll see how that turns out haha

    ReplyDelete