Sunday, August 11, 2013

Chipotle Cheddar-Beef Enchiladas

I found this recipe on the back of a container of Philadelphia Santa Fe Blend Cooking Creme.  This is a great easy week night meal.  It took me about 20 minutes of hands on time and that includes cooking a box of spanish rice.





1 lb. extra lean ground beef
1/2 c. frozen corn
1 tub Philadelphia Santa Fe Blend Cooking creme, divided
1 c. Kraft shredded triple cheddar cheese with a touch of Philadelphia, divided
1 c. fresh salsa, divided
10 flour tortillas (6 inch)
1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro


Heat oven to 350º.  
Brown meat in large nonstick skillet; drain. Return to skillet.  Add corn and 3/4 c. each cooking creme, shredded cheese, and salsa; mix well.



Spoon about 1/3 c. meat mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up.  



Place, seam-sides down, in 13x5 inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining cooking creme, salsa and cheese.  




Cover.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.  Sprinkle with cilantro.



I totally forgot the cilantro in the end.  These turned out really wonderful.  I used the shredded cheese I had on hand which is a combination of Mexican blend and cheddar cheese.  And I used my favorite salsa from Whole Foods instead of the fresh salsa.  

1 comment :