Sunday, July 14, 2013

Cheddar Bacon Pecan Pizza

I needed a recipe to take to a bacon theme potluck last night.  I went searching pinterest and through my cookbooks for something good to make.  I found this recipe in one of the handouts that are included with the Food Network magazine each month.  Amazingly enough it was not in the one with bacon recipes but the appetizer one from the November issue.



Cheddar Bacon Pecan Pizza


1/2 pound pizza dough
olive oil
3/4 c. cheddar
1/3 c. crumbled bacon
candied pecans 
chopped chives


Roll out the pizza dough until thin; place on a baking sheet.  Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with 3/4 c. shredded cheddar and 1/3 c. crumbled bacon.  



Bake at 450º until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes.  Sprinkle with chopped candied pecans and chopped chives.  



Cut into squares.




I used a can of the Pillsbury pizza dough and it baked for 8 minutes. 

2 comments :