Sunday, June 23, 2013

Raspberry Swirl Frozen Yogurt

I figured it was about time to try my hand with making frozen yogurt.  I found this recipe in an issue of Health magazine.  I think any berry could be used will have to try using strawberries or blackberries next time.




4 c. plain whole or reduced fat Greek yogurt
1 c. sugar, divided
2 tbsp. vodka
1 c. frozen raspberries, thawed


In a large bowl, stir together yogurt, 3/4 c. sugar, and vodka until sugar dissolves.



Pour into the freezer can of an ice cream  maker; freeze according to to the manufacturer's instructions.
In a medium bowl, mash together raspberries and remaining 1/4 c. sugar.



Swirl mixer into frozen yogurt; spoon yogurt into a metal loaf pan.



Cover and freeze for 1 hour or until firm.  To serve, leave yogurt at room temperature to soften slightly before scooping.

This turned out really great.  And yes I did have an issue with the whole swirl concept but that is okay because it tastes great.  

2 comments :