Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Relay for Life



The weather was bad early in the day Friday but thankfully there really wasn't any rain after around 2.  It was decided early by the committee to order in two circus tents to cover the stage and part of the track.  A few teams didn't show up which was a bit sad.  And we had to move from the original location because it was flooded out.  I never did remember to get out my camera so the only pictures I have are from my IPhone.  I also never got a good picture of our campsite.






The kids had a blast playing in the puddles.  





Some of the other teams got creative with their holidays.  One team was May the Fourth be with You.  It is hard to tell in this picture but they were playing Star Wars  movies on the screen through the night.






Another team did National Cookie Day.  Not only did they make these cute cookies that the kiddos just had to have or at least I decided that.  They also were wearing Cookie Monster PJ bottoms.






In all these years I have never won anything from the raffle table.  How cool is this guitar for the first one?  Now to get it hung in my home office.


Thanks to my friends, family and co-workers helped me raise $247.

1 comment :