Sunday, May 5, 2013

Delta wedding

Last weekend I headed down into the Delta for a wedding.  My ZTA big sis W got married in her hometown.  It was my first trip to Greenville.  A couple of us turned it into a mini girls weekend.  I didn't realize how much I needed one.  I laughed so hard that my cheeks and abs were still hurting Monday.  The sad part is I lost a few pictures I know I took or were taken, the worst was the one of W & I.





SB, R, CC, J, and myself at the reception.

PB relaxing at the reception.



The reception was at the cultural arts center which houses a carousal in one part of the building.  We could ride the carousal and make up candy bags in that room.  Such a fun thing especially for the kids there.



W & R.  



The going away car and the happy couple leaving.  I had a hard time telling if it was Slow Dixie or From Dixie with Love they were leaving too.  I only caught a strand or two here and here from where I was standing.




After the reception we went back to the room and changed for dinner.  I am glad we had our arms twisted into going.  It was a great time with friends but sadly our two groups weren't even seated in the same room.





The steaks put a couple people into comas.  ha!





After we left Doe's we headed to a blues bar.  And these little goodies were given out.  For the first time I liked gummy bears.



5 comments :

  1. Every girl needs a girls week end. Glad you got one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo in need a girls weekend too! Love your dress on you. And I love the bride's going away dress.

    KK

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and the dress looks great. I love a good southern wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DOE'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My fave place in the Delta. Glad you got to go and had a good time!!!

    ReplyDelete