Monday, May 13, 2013

Black Cherry Ice Cream

I saw  a recipe last year in the Food Network magazine for strawberry soda ice cream.  It sounded interesting but I wasn't to sure about it.  I picked up a can of black cherry code from Fresh Market and decided to give it a try.




Black Cherry Ice Cream

1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 c. half and half
3/4 c. black cherry coke
1/2 c. whipping cream


Whisk together condensed milk, half and half, red cherry coke and cream.  Churn it for 20 minutes in the ice cream maker.  Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until firm, at least two hours.



It turned out good.  I don't think this will be one  I will make often.


2 comments :

  1. Oh I really want an ice cream maker! How fun!

    Did the carbonation change the consistency? Do you have a photo?

    KK

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have an ice cream maker, and I've yet to use it. I want to do a banana or peach or strawberry.

    ReplyDelete