Thursday, April 25, 2013

Relay for Life


I am no different from anyone else out there my life has been touched by cancer.  I have some very special people who are survivors and some that I have lost to this disease.  One of the biggest fundraisers each year for the American Cancer Society are the Relay for Life events that are held around the country.  The local one I participate in is being held on May 10th at Snowden Grove Park in Southaven.  I am looking forward to it.  

I have a goal of raising $100 for my team.  I would love to raise more than that.  I have spent part of my evening sending out an email to my friends and family for donations.  Yes I am procrastinating writing my paper.   If anyone would like to help me reach my goal please visit my page.


This year each team picked a holiday to decorate our site.  My team is doing St. Patrick's Day.  I stopped by JoAnn's on the way to class last night to pick  up one thing and found their St. Patrick's Day decoration on 70% sale.  So I picked up a few things to get our decorations going.


3 comments :

  1. How fun! Be sure to share a photo of the completed booth decor.

    KK

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a team here for a friend of ours. Love your theme!
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete