Sunday, March 3, 2013

Grilled Chocolate and Heath Bar Quesadillas

I spent Friday night looking through cookbooks to find a new recipe to try.  Aren't y'all jealous of my exciting life?  I found a couple to try and narrowed it down to a dinner and a dessert.  I couldn't wait until today to try the dessert recipe.  I was really wanting some chocolate last night.



Grilled Chocolate and Heath Bar Quesadillas


Eight 8 inch flour tortillas
1/2 c. milk chocolate chips
1/2 c. chopped heath bar
melted butter, for brushing


Arrange the tortillas on a clean work surface.  Sprinkle four of the tortillas with 2 tbsp. each of milk chocolate chips and chopped Heath bar.  




Top with the remaining tortillas.  Brush the tops and bottoms of the tortillas with the melted butter.  
Preheat the grill to medium -high heat and brush the grate with oil or spray with non-stick cooking spray.  Place the quesadillas on the grill.  Close the cover and cook until the chocolate is melted and the tortillas are golden brown.  1 to 1 1/2 minutes per side.




I didn't go out and use the grill as Friday and Saturday there were snow flurries on and off.  I omitted the butter and just baked the quesadilla in the oven at 350º for 10 minutes flipping it once.  I loved it and can't wait to try this on the grill this summer. 



*I got this from the Deen Bros. Get Fired UP cookbook

3 comments :

  1. yum! those look so good! I've been eating more than my fair share of easter candy lately!

    ReplyDelete