Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Cajun Chex Party Mix

I found this recipe in an ad for chex when I was in college.  It has been a while since I made it and this weekend I couldn't get it out of my head so I picked up the couple things I needed.  This was pretty much all I ate after breakfast Saturday.  Though I still wonder how you call it a party mix when the actual recipe only calls for three types of chex.


Cajun Chex Party Mix

1/2 c. butter
1 tsp. celery salt
1 tbsp. parsley flakes
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
4-8 drops of hot pepper sauce
1 tsp. garlic powder
2 2/3 c.(each) wheat, corn, rice chex cereal


In a 3 1/2 quart microwave bowl melt butter on high one minute.  Stir in parsley, celery salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and pepper sauce; mix well.  Gradually add cereal, stirring until all pieces are evenly coated. Cook on high 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 minutes, stirring every 1 1/2 minutes.  Cook an additional 1 1/2 minutes.  Spread an absorbent paper towel to cool.  Store in an air tight container.  




My favorite way to have chex mix is with Cheerios, pretzels and peanuts.  I also add a whole teaspoon of cayenne pepper and at least twice as much Tabasco than is called for.  While the recipe is good I like mine spicy so I add the extra kick.  



3 comments :

  1. That looks so good thanks for the recipe yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, a yummy recipe we'll just have to try out! happy election day, sweetie. We're all praying! Love, moi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually always go for the traditional recipe, but definitely think I need to give this one a try. xx

    ReplyDelete