Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Hello Hollywood


My first glimpse of LA as we were leaving LAX.


A great view of the mountains while waiting in the carpool line at Maddy's school.


Beth & I headed out for a girls night on the town.


Watched Jaxs play on the playground before school.


Try on a costume.  





If you watched the Great Food Truck race on the Food Network.  This is the Nom Nom truck that competed a year or two ago.


Maddy & Jaxs playing while waiting on our food.

I had the best chicken gyro I have had in a long time off one of the trucks.  It was such a fun way to enjoy dinner and a fundraiser for one of the local schools.  Beth & kiddos let me enjoy some of the sweet potato bites off of the sliders truck.  They were to die for but I swear there was no sweet potatoes involved.

I didn't get any pictures but Wednesday Jaxs had a blast playing in my makeup.  Thankfully his father was amused and not wanting to kill me.  He did look a bit like Alice Cooper at one point.




5 comments :

  1. Isn't LA fun? Love visiting my friends there! That taco truck sounds yummy with sweet potato bites and gyros!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had so much fun! Of course, anything involving a food truck is fun, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Sounds like you had a fabulous trip!! I am obsessed with the Great Food Truck Race- love that show!

    KK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the palm trees! Cooper was Capt. America when he was LilJ's age.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love going home to visit but I don't miss the L.A. traffic. I've become completely spoiled and now complain if I have to wait an extra 5 minutes, LOL. Looks like you had an awesome trip.

    P.S.I love Alice Cooper! :)

    Gigi

    ReplyDelete