Sunday, September 9, 2012

Easy Drop Danish

I was in the mood to bake for over a week and finally broke down and did some tonight.  I pulled out my Bisquick Cookbook and found something I could have for breakfast this week.    Oh and for dessert too.


Easy Drop Danish

2 c. Bisquick
1/4 c. margarine or butter, softened
2 tbsp. sugar
2/3 c. milk
1/4 c. preserves 
Vanilla Glaze

Hat the oven to 450°. Lightly grease cookie sheet.  Stir in Bisquick, margarine and sugar in medium bowl until crumbly.  Stir in milk until dough forms: beat 15 strokes.  
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheet.  


Make a shallow well in center of each with back of spoon; fill with 1 teaspoon preserves.


Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.  

Drizzle with vanilla glaze over warm danish.



Vanilla Glaze
3/4 c. powdered sugar
1 tbsp. warm water
1/4 tsp. vanilla

mix all ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle.



I used reduced sugar strawberry preserves.  These turned out wonderful.  

4 comments :

  1. Those look fantastic! I can't wait until I have a kitchen and can try making fun things like this!!

    xx Emily @ laughliveandshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ruth, I will have to make some of these for hubby. He will love them! How are things going for you so far?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so good! I wish I had one to go with the coffee I'm drinking RIGHT NOW!

    ReplyDelete