Monday, August 27, 2012

Fave TV - Sesame Street

Who didn't love Sesame Street as a kid?  Or watches it now with their kiddos?  I couldn't sleep tonight so I got up to play on the computer.








Source: crazyabouttv.com via Ruth on




My favorite character was Count von Count.  I know most went for Big Bird or Cookie Monster.  I have an older cousin that loved Big Bird and started screaming when they went to cut her birthday cake at 2 or 3 that they were killing Big Bird, so yes no cake at that party.  One of my uncles gave me an Oscar the Grouch stuffed animal and he was the scariest character to me.




I don't know why it was the Count I loved the most or maybe it was a telling sign I would end up working with numbers.  Okay back to what brought me down memory lane.  I saw a story go by on Yahoo that the man, Jerry Nelson, who was the puppeteer and voice for the Count died at the end of last week.



Source: tv.msn.com via Ruth on Pinterest


Thank You Jerry for bringing to life such a wonderful character for all of us kids.  You will be missed.






Who was your favorite Sesame Street character?

1 comment :

  1. love me some sesame street! i think my favorite is big bird. for sure.

    ReplyDelete