Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Parade

Friday night was the 4th of July parade in Hernando.   





H had to ride his bike.  Ms. P says they had to help decorate.


The wagon was meant for G to ride in.  He had other ideas and rode on JF's soldiers.

Between the end of the parade and the movie starting there was a watermelon seed spitting contest.  I don't have any pictures because I was judging a portion of it.  I had the 11-15 year olds and the kid who won spit his a little over 20 feet.  

I really enjoyed finally seeing Dolphin Tail.  But will leave it in my Netflix queue for now as I spent time answering questions about what is happening and catching G who was jumping off the cooler.  



The best part about a night on the courthouse square is they leave one set of doors open for the bathrooms.  We also got to enjoy the fact that there is a brick from Independence Hall on display in the rotunda.  
The sad fact is that when I was leaving a couple teenage girls asked what the big deal is about this brick and the building it was from.  They didn't know that it was where the founding fathers met adopted both the Declaration of Independence and US Constitution.

The night was a great way to kick off the 4th of July holiday early.





2 comments :

  1. great parade :D nice post dear:)
    btw maybe u like to fllw each other?
    jessillesilv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a great time! We have no plans for the Fourth, I plan on relaxing then watching our town fireworks from our backyard in a hammock :)

    ReplyDelete