Sunday, July 15, 2012

Olympic Mania

Source: google.com via Ruth on Pinterest





I am so excited that the Olympics start next week.  I am excited to see how many medals the USA  can bring home this time.  And I am also really looking forward to see how London handles the opening ceremonies.  Though I am not sure that the ceremony from the Beijing games will ever be topped.


My favorite events to watch are the gymnastics competitions.  I am in awe of both the men and women and their performances.   When I was a kid and taking gymnastics I dreamed of competing.








 So it shouldn't be any surprise that Mary Lou Retton was my hero.
There was only one event that scared me.  And I am still not sure why the uneven bars scared me.
















The amount of strength it takes to perform on the rings puts me in awe each time I watch them.  And yes it takes some strength.  I remember getting a chance to try them out when I took classes.  I think I lasted 2 seconds.






Diving always amazes me.  I know no matter the height of the board I couldn't get in all those flips in before hitting the water.




Source: boston.com via Ruth on Pinterest


And who doesn't love watching this guy swim.






Source: via Ruth on Pinterest


The teamwork these two ladies have is amazing.  Not to mention their abs after having kids.






Source: google.com via Ruth on Pinterest


There is one thing that could make men's beach volleyball better.  The guys play shirtless.



Source: via Ruth on Pinterest


What events are you most looking forward to watching from London?


7 comments :

  1. I have been obsessed with the Olympics for as long as I can remember. And totally the biggest Mary Lou fan- I wore that leo every day to gymnastics for like a year. Oh the things my parents indulged- ha.

    KK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot WAIT for the Olympics! Gymnastics and swimming are my two favorite events. The trials on tv have me ready for opening ceremonies to be tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gymnastics and swimming are my long standing favorites but I honestly love all of it. The documentaries are athletes are really cool and I love opening ceremonies! Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for the Olympics to start as well. Gymnastics is definitely one of my favorites to watch! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say we are on the same page. I love the swimming, diving and gymnastics. I like to watch the volleyball too, but after awhile, I just get jealous and angry that I don't look as good as the gals do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so sad to miss the opening ceremonies and the first few days of the Olympics. I've parked myself on the couch both nights I've been back so far and watched. LOVE. Gymnastics and swimming are definitely my fav.

    ReplyDelete