Sunday, July 8, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

I have been craving Whole Foods Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies for about two weeks.  I have avoided going by there during lunch because there is no telling how many I would buy.  So I finally gave in and made my own cookies last night from a beginners cookbook.  But I was out of chocolate chips so in came the dark chocolate peanut butter.


Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

3/4 c. peanut butter
1/4 c. dark chocolate peanut butter
1 c. sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350°
Combine peanut butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in a bowl; mix well with a wooden spoon.  Shape by tablespoonfuls into balls; place about 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheet.
Flatten to 1/4 inch thickness by pressing in crisscross design with a fork.  
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute.  Remove to wire rack to cool completely.




They turned out wonderful and hit the spot.  And the dough was great too.  How can you not have a bite or two of cookie dough when you bake cookies.



1 comment :