Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Mask It

I found this recipe for a facial mask while reading the June issue of Self magazine.

Strawberry Mask

Mash 3 strawberries in a bowl with 1 tbsp. of cornstarch and 1 tbsp. of milk.  Rinse off after 10 minutes.

It says that the acid in the strawberries clears pores and milk softens skin.




Okay I might have taken a bit of a lazy route.  I put it all in my small food processor.  By the time the 10 minutes were up it was really tight on my face.  And my face does feel softer after taking it off.  Now let's hope it will clear my pores because my face has been breaking out like it did in high school again.  

3 comments :

  1. Interesting! I always see these natural ideas, but worry they might feel sticky or gross. Maybe I should try one. :)
    Hope things are getting better at work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cornstarch aside, I'd eat this mixture. I know what you mean about the breakouts. Summer time is my favorite, but my skin goes nutty when the heat comes out.

    ReplyDelete