Monday, May 28, 2012

Lemon Icebox Pie Ice Cream

It is so hard not to find at least once recipe in each Southern Living issue that I am just dying to make.  This ice cream recipe has been on my mind since I read it a couple weeks ago.  I am glad I waited to try it after the mishap with the fridge last week.



Lemon Icebox Pie Ice Cream

3 to 4 lemons
2 c. half and half
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
3/4 c. coarsely crushed graham crackers
1 tbsp. lemon zest

Grate zest from lemons to equal 1 tbsp.  Cut lemons in half; squeeze juice from lemons into a measuring cup to equal 1/2 cup.
Whisk together half and half, sweetened condensed milk, and lemon juice.  Pour mixture into freezer container  of a 1 1/2 quart electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.  Stir in graham cracker crumbs and lemon zest; transfer to an air tight container.  Freeze 2 hours before serving.



The ice cream turned out really yummy!  I will be making this one again.  







Photobucket

10 comments :

  1. we love some lemon icebox pie in this house and your picture has my mouth watering
    HAve a great week girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like to eaten lemon, and love to lemon icebox pie of this house. The lemon is a many benefits for the health.

    simple fundraising ideas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. This reminds me of my Nana's lemon ice box pie - a recipe which I neglected to write down before she passed away. Seriously Ruth, thank you for sharing this and for the sweet memories your pie conjured up of my Nana ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey
    Lemon Icebox Pie Ice Cream
    This is a kind of just an exceedingly nicely structured posting. A lot of gratitude is forwarded to the writer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh sounds so refreshing! I love anything lemon!

    KK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my this sounds perfect for summer! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delightful! I will definitely be trying this over the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got a new Cuisinart ice cream maker and decided to try this recipe. It is delicious!! Very simple to make. Thanks for sharing this recipe. It is a keeper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never would I have thought to make my own ice cream.... looks like I have found a project for myself & mini-me:) Sounds so delish!

    ReplyDelete