Sunday, May 13, 2012

Blackberry Wine Sorbet

I have been wanting to try this recipe since I got my ice cream make last year.  And I thought it would be one of the first one I did make but it has taken me a year.  But it is better late than never.


Blackberry Wine Sorbet

3 c. blackberry wine
1 c. sugar
1/3 c. fresh lime juice
1 c. fresh blackberries
1 c. blueberries
1/2 c. raspberries
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. blackberry wine
1/2 tsp. lime zest


Cook first 3 ingredients and 1 cup water in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or just until sugar dissolves.


 Fill a large bowl with ice; place saucepan in ice, and let stand, stirring wine mixture occasionally, until cold (about one hour).


Pour mixture into freezer container of 1 1/2 quart electric ice cream maker; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and time will vary).  Spoon sorbet into an airtight container; cover and freeze at least 8 hours.


Combine blackberries and next 5 ingredients; toss gently.  Cover and chill up to 2 hours.  Serve sorbet topped with berries.


I thought about this recipe while grocery shopping about 2 weeks ago and picked up a bottle of the blackberry wine there.  I didn't pick up the berries to serve with the sorbet.  I don't think it would be worth that unless you are serving them at a party.  But if you wanted to this is what it would look like (Southern Living).





Source: myrecipes.com via Ruth on Pinterest






Photobucket

7 comments :

  1. Looks good and thanks for this delish recipe! Wish I could taste thats how divine it looks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me wish i had an ice cream maker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness my best friend would be obsessed with this recipe. I am definitely passing it along to her for a party she is having this weekend...yum! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so delicious- I'm going to have to keep it in mind for a summer party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blackberries, wine, and sorbet. Some of my favorite things. Need to tuck this away for my next backyard party. Yum! Visiting from "Let's Eat Y'all" recipe swap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great, Ruth. So refreshing. Thanks for linking up today.

    ReplyDelete