Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Delta Magazine

One of my indulgences is subscriptions to magazines.  I ran across one about a year and half ago I fell in love with.




It highlights places and people in the Mississippi River Delta from Memphis down to New Orleans.   The magazine is published in Cleveland, MS so of course the biggest focus is on the Mississippi Delta.  I have enjoyed learning more about my adopted state of Mississippi.  Not to mention new things about Memphis, places in Arkansas and New Orleans.  It has me wanting to spend some time exploring the Delta.
In the last issue one of the articles was on the 15 greatest fried chicken places from Memphis to New Orleans.  One of the locations, Uncle Lou's, was also featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives on the Food Network, which will have my father wanting to try it even more on their next visit.
Last year the magazine put out a cookbook, which is on my wish list.  I have tried the Pimento Cheese Soup that was in an issue in the fall and it turned out wonderful.
They sell some Tervis tumblers that are Delta and Mississippi themed.  This one is on my wish list and I wish the website would be completed (they are working on updating it) because I never get a chance to call and order them during the workday.




2 comments :

  1. Im going to have to check that out, I know I will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so did NOT know this was published in Cleveland! Guess you learn something new every day. I know some of the places are right here in Greenwood! :) (About the only perk to this horrid place! HA)

    ReplyDelete