Sunday, February 26, 2012

Mardi Gras Madness Weekend

I went to my first Mardi Gras last weekend. Not only was it great to finally mark that item off my bucket list but it was great to spend time with friends I don't get to see often enough.  We stayed in Uptown for the parades.
Due to the weather on Saturday all but one parade ran and since it was the Mid City so we didn't go.  So we spent the day going down to the Lower 9th Ward and playing cards, while drinking of course.   We did stay out of the craziness of the Quarter too, which was fine with me because I could deal with out those crazy crowds.


The friends I was staying with have a friend who lives in a 3rd floor apartment that faces the parade route.  It gave a nice break from being in the crown on Sunday.











Thanks to MLS and JS for letting me come stay with them.








8 comments :

  1. How cool is that to hang out on a balcony and watch the parades?! Looks like y'all had the weekend of a lifetime. I'm so glad you had a blast & got a break from your crazy work schedule. Beautiful pics, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mardi Gras is on my bucket list too! I am not big on crowds, but I would love to go just to soak up the ambiance. Glad that you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man Alive this looks fun. And colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you all had a blast and I think you had the best spot to watch the parade without the crazy crowd. Love the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been either! I have always been a little scared to go, as the Canadian might not come back alive...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous of your trip to Mardi Gras!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so bummed out that I left the week right before mardi gras. It would have been a lovely experience. xo

    ReplyDelete