Monday, February 27, 2012

Berenstain Bears

I was sad to read today that the co-creator of the Berenstain Bears books had died over the weekend.  I loved those books as a kid.  Not to mention reading them to my younger cousins and the kids I baby-sat.  I realized though that I don't have any of these books in the toy box for when the nephews are here.  I will have to work on correcting that next pay day.  




The stories were always such cute stories and they taught you a lesson without it feeling like one.


Did you know that Dr. Suess helped the Berenstains publish their first book?




Thank you Stanley & Jan for bringing these wonderful characters into our lives.  You will be missed.  


images from Google





8 comments :

  1. Oh I loved reading them as a child and now read them to my 3 year old. Sad he passed away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I loved the bernstein bears as a child!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those books were some of my favorites... what great stories. i always wanted to live in a tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made me so sad to read it, too!! LOVE them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I awarded your blog an award

    I agree very sad, love those books

    ReplyDelete
  6. What sad news... they were my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was sad to hear this news as well. They were my favorite when I was little. xo

    ReplyDelete