Sunday, January 8, 2012

Get Healthy Resolution

My only resolution this year is to get healthy.   Instead of jumping head first all or nothing this year I decided to take it in baby steps.  I have fallen off the workout wagon big time since September.  I might get in one a week if I was lucky since then and I think it was only one the whole month of December.
My goals for last week were to workout 3 times and cut out cokes in the morning.  I archived those goals though there were a couple rough starts to the mornings last week.  I also added in some healthier food too.
I didn't hit the gym as I had hoped but I did get in 3 workouts with my Wii.  I also started logging my food and workouts on Sparkpeople again.  I just need to keep up with that for a couple months to get a handle on my eating habits.  I only ate out once last week as a late birthday celebration with a friend and her family.  I am hoping that it will be last time I do for the month.
This week my goals are to get in 3 workouts and continue the no cokes rule.  Now that my hours have changed at work it will make getting to the gym easier.  I will be getting off at 4:30 again so that will mean beating most people to the gym after work and less fighting for a machine.  I need to also add in a strength workout.
I picked up some healthy items for my lunch this week at the grocery store.

How are your resolutions going?


6 comments :

  1. Good luck! I fell of the wagon over the holidays but have enjoyed getting back into the gym & eating normal this past week. Its funny how much better you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with these, Ruth!

    I have yet to make any...maybe I just won't this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just happened upon your blog today and I think it's darling! I love your resolutions...I have a couple of healthy lifestyle ones as well, always trying! I am training for a 1/2 marathon in May, so far I have a 3 mi loop down, still have a while to go! I hope you have a wonderful week and Happy Monday!!
    Toodles,
    Twirling Clare
    http://twirlingclare.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your goals this year!! They are very similar to mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby steps are the way to go! I'm doing the same. I don't even want to talk about how much I've fallen off the be healthy wagon in the past few years. It sounds like you're well on your way to a fabulous 2012! It's our year ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you!! I'm interested to hear about your progress. I'm going to check out that Sparkpeople too.

    ReplyDelete