Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake

I grew up with this being cooked in our house and at the grandmother's.  And probably one of the reasons the first cookbook I bought in college was the Bisquick cookbook.  I was craving it this weekend and decided to pull it out and make it.  With training happening this week I am taking it into the office to share as I in know way need to eat it all on my own.



Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake

2 c. bisquick
2/3 c. milk or water
2 tbsp. color
1 egg

Streusel topping
1/3 c. bisquick
1/3 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tbsp. firm margarine or butter


Heat oven to 375°.  Grease a round pan, 9x1 1/2 inches.  Make streusel topping; set aside.

Stir remaining ingredients until blended.  Spread in pan.
Sprinkle with topping.


Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.  

For the Streusel topping
Mix bisquick, brown sugar, and cinnamon.  cut in margarine, using fork or pastry blender, until mixture is crumbly.  


Can you tell I was really ready to eat it.  I forgot to take a picture before cutting a slice.




4 comments :

  1. Mmmmm that looks so delish! I'll bring the coffee if you make the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this looks delicious. I can almost smell the baked cinnamon! I've been craving warm cinnamon flavors lately. Bookmarking this one - thanks for sharing the recipe Ruth! :)

    ReplyDelete