Saturday, February 4, 2012

Chicken Couscous Pilaf

I pulled a recipe out I have not made in a couple years.  I got it from a magazine years ago but can't tell which one but I am leaning towards Weight Watchers magazine.  Not to mention a quick and easy one for a week night.  I needed something quick to make Sunday night with all I am trying to get done before 2 weeks of craziness.

Chicken Couscous Pilaf

1 1/4 c. water
1 c. fresh corn kernels
1 (5.7 oz) box herbed chicken seasoned couscous
1 (10 oz) pkg. sliced southwest seasoned chicken strips
1 beef stock tomato, seeded and chopped
2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro

Combine water, corn, and seasoning packet with the couscous box in a large saucepan;


bring to a boil.  Stir in the couscous.

Remove the pan from the heat and let stand, covered, until the liquid is absorbed and the couscous is tender, about 5 minutes. 
Fluff the couscous mixture with a fork;



stir in the chicken.

 Serve at once sprinkled with tomato and cilantro. 




I couldn't find the southwestern chicken strips so just got the plain ones.  But it was still good.   I forgot about the tomato.  I thought I remembered everything I needed when I made my list.


3 comments :

  1. That looks awesome, love the southwest kick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you decided to pull this recipe out because I cant wait to try it. I know it is going to be wonderful. Sounds amaze

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this looks good. I don't care for corn, but I could leave that out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete