Sunday, December 11, 2011

Taco French Bread Pizza

I was looking for something quick and easy to make for dinner tonight.  I have been sick and didn't have much in the house or want to spend much time in the kitchen.  I remembered that I had a loaf of frozen garlic bread in the freezer and adapted an idea I had seen to fit what I did have in the house.  The idea was for chicken parm garlic bread pizza.


Taco French Bread Pizza

1 loaf of frozen garlic bread (or fresh)
salsa
ranch dressing
chicken 
taco seasoning
shredded cheese


I baked 3 chicken tenders sprinkled with taco seasoning for 25 minutes.


I took the frozen garlic bread out of the freezer after the chicken was done.


After I took the picture I decided to only bake 1 slice and put the second back in the freezer.  I baked it for 5 minutes without the toppings (mine says for 8-9 minutes)


While the garlic bread was baking I shopped up the chicken 
and


mixed up the salsa and ranch dressing.


I spread the salsa & ranch dressing mixture on the garlic bread.


Sprinkled the chicken on top of the salsa mixture


Sprinkled it then with the shredded cheese.


I baked it for the final 4 minutes.


It turned out wonderful.  I was a little worried about the salsa & garlic combination.  


I used 3 cheese ranch dressing and a combination of the nacho taco cheese and authentic Hispanic cheese.  I am looking forward to seeing how it will be warmed up tomorrow.  











6 comments :

  1. It looks so good! I'm on a never-ending quest for comfort food recipes. Must try this with my boyfriend soon!

    Have a great week~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh what a fabulous idea! I definitely need to make this! xo

    ReplyDelete