Sunday, October 23, 2011

White Pizza with Chicken

I am not sure where I go this recipe from.  It has been in my cookbook for years and is from back when I would retype the recipes and forget half the time to note where it came from.  I half the recipe every time I make it.  The recipe is enough to serve at a party.


White Pizza with Chicken

2 large read to use thin crust pizza shells
1 c. preshredded Italian blend cheese
4 oz thinly sliced chicken cut into 1/2 inch wide strips
1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese
1 (4 oz) container garlic-herb cheese spread
1/4 c. thinly sliced basil


Heat oven to 450°.  
Place each crust on a baking sheet.  Sprinkle 1 c. shredded cheese over each pizza shell.


Evenly distribute chicken over each.


In a small bowl, mix ricotta and cheese spread.  Evenly dollop over each pizza.


Bake in 450° oven until heated through and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.  Sprinkle with basil over the pizzas.  To serve the pizzas, cut each into 6 equal wedges.



I used a Pillsbury pizza crust tonight.  It says to bake for 5 minutes before adding the toppings.  So before I put it in the oven I brushed it with a mixture of butter and garlic powder.





I used the Philly Italian Herb and Cheese for the spreadable cheese.  I think it turned out as the best version I have made of this pizza yet.


This will make a great lunch this week.  





Photobucket

4 comments :

  1. I love white pizza but have never made it myself, maybe I'll give it a whirl, you make it look easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh this looks good. I love the addition of the garlic-herb cheese too. Yum - thank so much for sharing. I'm bookmarking this sucker for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stopping by from FF&P!

    I LOVE pizza of any kind and if it has garlic involved in it my hubby is all in. We're definitely going to have to try this pizza out! And since you brushed it with garlic powder-I think we will too...the more garlic the better in our house :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy!!! I love butter and garlic and think this pizza looks delicious. I think our household may have a pizza night next week :) Thanks for sharing Ruth!

    ReplyDelete