Saturday, October 15, 2011

Founder's Day



A big thanks to the 9 ladies who started Zeta Tau Alpha Fraternity 113 years ago!! 



The Mystifying Picture is the first official picture of ZTA.  It contains the 9 founders and the first 3 pledges.  I have always loved this picture. 



ZTA crest in our colors of Turquoise Blue and Steel Grey.



The badge.  Mine is kept in my lock box in the jewelry box I received it in. 



Five pointed crown is a symbol.  One of my favorite sayings is "Only the best wear the crown."


The strawberry is also one of our three official symbols. 



The while violet is our third symbol.



The fraternity doesn't have an official animal mascot like most.  My chapter used a bunny though.  




all images found on Google









4 comments :

  1. Happy Founder's Day! Several of my good friends are ZTAs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Founder's Day to you, Ruth. We have never met, but I pledged Gamma Delta in 1972, so we have shared the same space, just a different time. Great times, great memories. Zeta Love.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome photo! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Founders Day! :) I'm so glad these lovely 9 ladies got together so many years ago..I love/loved being a Zeta!

    ZLAM!

    ReplyDelete