Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Spicy Tomato Salsa

I bought a 3 cup food processor a couple weeks ago.  I have been wanting one so I can make home made salsa.  I went exploring the Internet for a recipe to try.  I pulled one of Giada de Laurentis off of Food Network.

Spicy Tomato Salsa

4 medium tomatoes, halved
1/2 c. fresh cilantro leaves
1 garlic clove, crushed
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper


Put the tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, olive oil, orange juice, and red pepper flakes in a food processor.  


Pulse until the ingredients are combined but still chunky.  Season with salt and pepper, to taste.  Transfer to a small bowl and serve with tortilla chips.




I am glad I finally got to make fresh salsa.  It turned out Blah!  I was surprised that something of Giada's did.  
What is a good salsa recipe to try?




5 comments :

  1. Oh my, not blah!! I can fresh salsa every year, but I buy a packet of Mrs. Wages and use only 1/3 of the packet per dishpan of salsa because it is tooooo hot and spicy to use the whole thing. Look for a packet of that, I don't think you will be disappointed. I took a few jars to a party the other night, and people acted as if they had never had fresh salsa before, everyone was asking for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!!! I love my mini processor, when I use it that is! Printing this one off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks cool though! :). Hope you find a great recipe soon! I have had trouble trying to comment on blogs lately...glad it is working today! What is up with blogger??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pioneer Woman's..... you'll never, EVER buy jarred again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love salsa so I look forward to trying this recipe.

    ReplyDelete