Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fave Movies - Pollyanna

One of my favorite movies as a kid was Pollyanna. 



 I loved the time period it was set in.  It was a simple time and I loved that no matter the situation Pollyanna said optimistic.   A trait I truly wish I had.  


I loved the shopping scene.  The complete shock on Pollyanna's face at all the clothes.  Learning how tough Aunt Polly is on her staff by Nancy and her beau James hiding their relationship.




I loved the house.  It was big and beautiful!  


I felt bad for Pollyanna having to live in the top floor until her accident.


A sure way to cheer me up is pulling this movie out.




8 comments :

  1. Love the movie, love the book! Love Pollyanna. Of course, I love all these classics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent Pollyanna but I did watch 2 Broke girls last nite and girl I laughed all the way through the episode I think it is going to be great! Also I got upset because dishnetwork doesn't carry the CW and now I cant watch Hart of Dixie. I guess I will watch the episode online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, love love this movie! I probably watched it a hundred times when I was younger!

    http://pearlspinkandsouthern.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! I loved this movie. When Sunday night was Disney night we'd watch their movies. Pollyanna was a family favorite. Thanks for bringing good memories of good evenings back to mind.

    Love you! Moi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this movie, too! Every time I see a prism, I think of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Believe it or not, I have never seen Pollyanna! My all-time fav go-to movie when I was younger was Mary Poppins. I'm definitely going to have to watch this movie - it looks too fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love love love this movie!! and the book- the book is amazing!

    love the new background! sorry i've been so absent lately, catching up is difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sisters and I watched Pollyanna (and all the Haley Mills movies) so much growing up!!! I haven't seen them in forever but you just gave me a great idea for some Christmas gifts for my nieces.

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend with friends Ruth!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete