Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Christmas Ornaments

When I was in college and a year or two beyond I would cross-stitch Christmas ornaments for friends. Not sure why I stopped but S was upset when I did.  Last year I found a cute new book of ornaments.  A couple weeks ago I dragged it out and started figuring out which ones I was going to make (the book has 50 designs).
When I made them in the past I would cross-stitch two pieces of cross-stitch fabric together and stuff them.  This year I decided to do a little something different.  I bought some red & green plaid fabric to use on the back side.



I waited until I finished two before putting them together.  First I had to iron out the hoop marks.


Gather the supplies.  Fabric, ribbon for the loop, and iron on adhesive.
I can't sew so this was the only way to achieve it.


Iron the pieces of fabric together on three sides


Stuff the ornament and then iron together the last sides.


Now to decide if they should be like below 


or


What do y'all think?









3 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh this is the cutest!!! Who wouldnt want to receive an amazing gift like this!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth, you're amazing! They look so adorable. It's no wonder your Christmas tree always looks so good. So much talent and heart go into it every single year. Love you!

    Moi

    thequonfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are neat. I cant believe that Christmas is so close. It will be here before we turn around!

    ReplyDelete