Sunday, August 21, 2011

Strawberry Chocolate Cheesecake Turnovers

I had an idea pop into my head a couple weeks ago.  I wanted something that would be a bite of cheesecake.  And I was craving strawberries so why not throw the two together.  So here goes my crazy idea.

Strawberry Chocolate Cheesecake Turnovers

4 oz. cream cheese
1/4 c. sugar
1 tbsp. confectioner's sugar
1 tsp. butter
diced strawberries
chocolate chips


In a mixer put in cream cheese, sugars and butter.


Dice some strawberries


Mix the strawberries & chocolate in the cream cheese mixture.


Take a teaspoon of the mixture and put on pie crust rounds.


Fold over and pinch the rounds closed.



Bake 15 minutes at 350°.



They turned out okay.  This might be something to play around with a bit more.  I do know that I used to many strawberries.  And I burned my lip with some of the melted chocolate.  









5 comments :

  1. Let me know when you perfect your creation! I love anything with cream cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried something similar several times and have some tips...

    If using thick dough like that, use strawberry preserves and a few chocolate chips. Use some egg wash to seal the edges and then crimp witha fork. Brush the top with eggwash and dust w a little sugar. Mine are still always hit or miss when it comes to staying sealed though.

    But my fav way (pre gf diet) was actually to use Philo dough. Use as normal with melted butter between a few sheets. Cut into squares. Add the mixture you have shown above. Twist closed to form a little purse like goody. Bake in muffin tin so they stay that shape. They bake very quickly too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only do these look absolutely amazing but they are adorable! Definitely going to give this recipe a try!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are toooo funny! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete