Monday, August 1, 2011

Ms. Practical

As anyone who knows me IRL will tell you I am always practical.  I have even been nicknamed Responsible Ruth, and that title holds up even when drunk.  It can be a good thing but a huge part of it is that I must have a plan before doing anything.  I am not one to fly by the seat of my pants or just jump up and go do something not already planned.  It has caused me issues in the past in relationships.  I will think through the simplest things.  I won't buy anything unless I have really thought about it first.  I will go back to the store multiple times before I decide to buy anything for the house and lets face it anything that is not a necessity.
I have been dreaming of an Macbook for about two years.  Not long after I got my IPhone.   I had decided once I paid off my trip to Tokyo I would start saving for that.  That was the only plus of the trip getting canceled is I could get it sooner.  That excitement has worn off and the old practical me is rearing her ugly head.  Now I keep thinking of how much money I could put towards things around the house (the outside needs to be painted) if I just buy a laptop instead of a Macbook.  More thought into whether to buy something I really am dreaming of having or be my normal boring self and get something I will enjoy but not love.  Who am I kidding I will end up just buying a laptop.  I would love for once to not be so practical but I think I have gotten to old not to be that way.




9 comments :

  1. Responsible Ruth!! hehe
    If you keep dreaming about this Macbook maybe you should just spring for it!!!

    PS - I'm having a giveaway, check it out when you have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am super responsible- even when drunk- too. I make decisons well but I was an old responsible grandma even as a todler.

    Buy the Macbook and then go get a giant over-priced Starbucks and a pedicure. That way you are being responsible and spendy- but in a responsible way- at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for the macbook! I also had a hard time justifying it because it's more expensive, but I am SO glad I did. It will last a lot longer than a PC, so really it's saving you money! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a hard time justifying our purchase of it, but it's the best investment we've made! We'd do it again in a minute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. get the macbook! I love mine! Also if you buy it around this time next year they always offer a free ipod or free printer with the purchase bc they target it for kids going off to college

    ReplyDelete
  6. i don't have a macbook, but am seriously considering it...i feel like you need it, esp. if you've been saving for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You won't regret the Macbook- it's life changing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The responsible thing would be to buy the MacBook...... you won't regret it...... EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have a Macbook but one of my friends does and I'm constantly grilling here about it. And all her answers point to that she would never go back to a PC. She said there is a bit of a learning curve but she said they are awesome!

    I really really want one after the wedding. (But I have a feeling that isn't gonna happen!) If you get one can I come play with it?! :) Ha

    ReplyDelete