Monday, August 15, 2011

Mary Payton's Miracle Network

A couple of my friends have a daughter has Late-Infantile Neuronal Ceroid Lipofuscinosis (LINCL) often referred to as Batten Disease.  The disease is a rare and fatal disease.  There are a few clinical trials out working on finding a cure.  One is located at Cornell University.   Mary Payton's parents started a foundation to raise money for research several years ago (you can go here to learn more).  





On September 23rd the third annual Miracles Can Happen benefit will take place at Benedict's Plantation in Mandeville, LA.  There is a link on the foundation site to buy tickets.  I have not been able to make the event the last two years but it looks like things might work out for me to attend this year.    If you live in the area please think about attending.  







3 comments :

  1. Sounds like a great event, hope you are able to go this year and support :)

    xx Emily @ laughliveandshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This event sounds amazing and I do too hope you are able to attend. Wish I lived closer I would love to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I cannot imagine how hard that must be to know her disease is fatal. Bless their sweet hearts! I hope they get a great turnout at the fundraiser this year!

    KK

    ReplyDelete