Monday, August 22, 2011

Cookbook Review Simply Done Well Done

I picked up Simply Done Well Done by Aaron McCargo Jr., who is better known as Big Daddy, from the library a couple weeks ago.



Big Daddy won season 4 of The Next Food Network Star.  By the second show of that season he became my favorite.  Though I totally admit it was week 4 before I completely remembered his name I just knew I wanted the Mr. Clean look alike to win.  

I love watching his show.  There are few things that seem to hard to accomplish at home.  I love he dedicated this cookbook to his oldest son.  So sweet!  I love all the pictures in the book.  There are way to many recipes in this one that I want to make.  The one I keep looking at I will have to wait a bit to make.  It is one of his soup recipes and I can't bring myself to eat soup during the summer especially with as hot has it has been this year.  Big Daddy starts off each chapter with a little story about the types of dishes in the chapter and what he likes about the items.  

I have made one of the recipes last year after pulling it off the Food Network website.  The Savory Taco Chicken Pizza with Guacamole and Chipotle Salsa is wonderful and I have made it several times.  

The one minus I have with the cookbook is that it is paperback.  I hate that it is so hard to keep them open to the page you are using.  

I am in love with this cookbook and already picked it up when I stopped by the Borders going out of business sale.  


2 comments :

  1. Im a cookbook addict I cant have enough. I love them all and thanks for giving me the heads up on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If some of his tv recipes looked hard to you, then I don't stand a chance! ha. Hopefully they're manageable in the book - I have faith in you. :)

    ReplyDelete