Sunday, August 14, 2011

Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette

I bought a Good Seasons Cruet a couple months ago with the plan to start making my own Italian dressing.  On the side of the box were recipes for other vinaigrette/marinades.  The Cilantro-Lime really stood out to me.
Every time I have gotten ready to make this dressing I can't find fresh cilantro in the store.  I finally just gave in tonight and used the dry I have in the cabinet.


Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette

1/4 c. water 
3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
1/2 c. oil
1 - 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro


Pour the lime juice, water, and oil into the cruet.  Add in the chopped cilantro.  Pop on the lid and shake.



It was great and I am sure it will be better when I can find fresh cilantro to use.  It was a nice freshening change from the usual Italian, Ranch, and blue cheese I use on my salads.



No comments :

Post a Comment