Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Home Office Update

While the parents were here we spent Saturday morning building me a new desk.  I loved all the storage the old one gave me but didn't like the look of it anymore.  Time for some changes around here.  I went looking online for a new one but couldn't find what I wanted.  So I decided there had to be a simple plan to build one.  I found a plan to build a table top desk from www.ehow.com.  Very simple to put together.  The only problem was finding legs because as it tuns out Lowe's and Home Depot don't cut the 4x4 posts it calls for but I found some furniture legs at Home Depot that would do too.


This is right after we brought it in from outside. 



This is tonight after painting and setting everything back up.  Yeah the printer if off the floor.



This is with the chair.  Notice an issue.  Yep we didn't realize how high the legs were until it was finished.  I need a new desk chair anyways.  Now to find one I like.

I also now have the problem of storage.  I am going to spend some time this weekend looking around for something to put all the desk items in.  I plan to eventually put a skirt around it.








Photobucket

9 comments :

  1. Love the wall color, what a cute office. Have a great day:)

    Emily @ laughliveandshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks lovely. Love the black color. It goes for everything.

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I finally figured out how to leave a comment on your blog. YIPPEE!!!

    Your new desk looks awesome. Can't wait to see the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ruth, looking good girl! My printer is on the floor too! Along with about 100 electrical cords. Love the idea of a skirt to hide stuff. I gotta figure out something to do here. Enjoy your up-coming week-end and try to stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a table build with attached shelving on the underside of table top for the power strip and cords that may work for the cords issue but i am still looking for a solution for computer on the floor.

    ReplyDelete