Sunday, June 26, 2011

Grilling Time

The recipe I saw that had me drooling the moment I read the name in Bobby Flay's Grilling for Life.  Grilled Chicken Tenders with Spicy Chipotle Sauce and Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce.  I love spicy food and blue cheese.


Grilled Chicken Tenders with Spicy Chipotle Sauce and Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce

Blue Cheese Yogurt Sauce
1 c. nonfat Greek yogurt
1/4 c. crumbled blue cheese
2 tbsp. finely grated red onion
2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

Grilled Chicken Tenders
2 lbs. chicken tenders
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

Spicy Chipotle Sauce
1 1/2 c. red wine vinegar 
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 to 3 tbsp. chipotle puree (an entire can of chipotles in adobe sauce blended until smooth)
2 tbsp. honey
2 tbsp. ancho chile powder
1 tbsp. ground New Mexico chile powder
3 tbsp. Dijon mustard
3 tbsp. unsalted butter, cold, cut into pieces


For the Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce combine all of the ingredients in a bowl.  Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 8 hours before serving.



For the chicken tenders heat your grill to high.  Toss the chicken with the oil, salt and pepper.  Grill until golden brown on both sides and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.


 Remove the tenders from the grill and place in a large bowl with you prepare the spice chipotle sauce.  Lower the heat of the grill to medium.


For the Spicy Chipotle Sauce bring the vinegar, oil, chipotle puree, honey and both chile powders to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat on the grill.  Remove the mixture from the heat and whisk in the mustard and butter.

Pour half of the chipotle sauce over the tenders and toss well to combine.




 Divide the tenders and blue cheese sauce among 6 plates.  Serve the remaining chipotle sauce on the side if desired.




And because I didn't think about a side dish until halfway through I went for my trusty okra recipe.




per serving (with 2 tbsp. of hot sauce)
calories 335
39 grams protein
8 grams carbohydrates
15 fat grams
446 mg sodium


I really liked how this turned out.  I did expect it to be more spicy than it was.  But I will make this again.  I think this will be a good tailgate recipe.




10 comments :

  1. Thanks so much for posting the spicy chiptole sauce recipe! I always buy the chiptole sauce from a grocery but it doesn't taste the same as the sauce in the restuarants. Me and my sweetheart LOVE spicy food, so I'll def be grilling up this recipe for him. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! It looks fantastic ruth! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely looks FABuloso!! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chicken is always good and throw in your grilled recipe and even better, thanks for sharing Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks really delicious. I love your food posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont like anything spicy but my roomie is obsessed so maybe i`ll have to give this a try. It looks absolutely fab! Hope you had a lovely weekend!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delish! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks amazing, I must make this:-) Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this post got me drooling too! i wish i could make one like this if only the ingredients weren't that difficult to find here in my place :D

    ReplyDelete