Thursday, June 30, 2011

Grilled Buttery Pound Cake

I couldn't get this dessert recipe out of my mind from the time I saw it Saturday night after seeing it in The Deen Brothers Get Fired Up.  I finally had to go to the grocery store and pick up a pound cake Tuesday night.  I had plans for the blackberries for another recipe but that will have to wait (not good as the other one was healthier).

Grilled Buttery Pound Cake

One 12 oz pound cake
5 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
1/4 c. packed light brown sugar

Cut the pound cake into 3/4 inch thick slices


In a small bowl, whisk together the butter and brown sugar.  Brush both sides of the cake slices with the butter mixture.  


Preheat a grill to medium-high and brush the grate with oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray.  
Place cake slices on the grill.  Close the cover and cook until the cake slices are caramelized and golden, about 1 minute per side.  



Top with fresh berries or peaches and whipped cream to serve.


This was so yummy!  And what a quick dessert too.  






9 comments :

  1. This looks soooo good..and easy! It's going in my recipe box...have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Deens and their butter - deadly yumminess! Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! That looks awesome! I also like pound cake toasted in the oven.... delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I love it! I might have to try this next week with some strawberries on top!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yumm!! I have a feeling I won't be able to get this out of my mind either, which means I might just have to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In college one of my friends would make grilled pound cake all the time it was beyond amazing. I had completely forgot about it. Now I know I definitely need to make this up!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delish! And I LOVE the patriotic blog design, if I were rolling in the dough, I would have a new blog design for every holiday! :) Happy 4th of July, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie I found mine on the blogger template page. They are free and have several very cute ones

    ReplyDelete